Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jesus in an envelope and Jesus in a tent!

Yesterday I received an envelope in the mail. I had no idea who the return address was, so I was not expecting to be blown away one more time by Jesus this week. Why would He not continue to rock my world?
In the envelope there was a letter from J.R.'s ex-wife, Sherrie. It was the sweetest letter to basically thank me for contacting her about J.R. earlier this week.
Now here is where this blog gets good...
Also in the envelope were cards written to J.R. from his two children (19 and 16). Sherrie also sent him numerous cards. There were current pictures of his son and daughter (great looking kids!) included, and the last picture taken with J.R. and his children.
How valuable are the contents of the envelope going to be to J.R.? Can you even imagine how emotional this is going to be for him? God is so good.

Friday nights at my church, Savannah Christian Church, there is a 12 step, Christ based, recovery program. I try to invite everyone at the park to attend. So when Kristin and I were giving out bananas this past Tuesday, I invited those we spoke to, to come. I promised I would be there to meet anyone who decided to take me up on my offer to buy them a bus pass back to their camp, if they showed up. Well, late afternoon yesterday (Friday) I was belly aching about not wanting to go to Celebrate Recovery and how no one would probably show up from downtown anyways. Awe, I was wrong! My cell phone rang with the receptionist at my church on the other end telling me there was a lady waiting for me at church! Ye, of little faith, I said to myself!
A sweet older lady named, Patricia, got up yesterday and prepared all day to come to the recovery program. You see, it takes all day to bathe and wash your hair when you live in a tent and have to wash out of a bucket of water that I am sure is not clean.
It then took her a few different buses to reach the church.

This has been a week of more blessings than I deserve.
God moved mountains so Richard's family could be found and notified of his death.
I received a beautiful email from his daughter.
I got to spend the day with one of the most special people in my life, loving on His children in downtown Savannah. Who knew what would come out of that case of bananas? Jesus arrived in an envelope. His love will continue to bless the man I have the privilege of delivering memories of his children to tomorrow.
Last but not least, a dear lady who sleeps in a tent all by herself, listened to the sweet sound of Jesus calling her name to meet Him at church.

I am hanging on to my skirt, cuz I don't know how Jesus is going to breeze through my life next week, but I am expecting Him! To be continued.....

No comments: