Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exciting news to share!

Sooo much has happened since my last blog! I just have to write.....

16 days ago, I put out a plea to my friends to step up and out in serving God by helping out with the ministry I volunteer in each week. Every Sunday, I serve along side of some amazing people by feeding the needy. The number of people showing up to eat is growing every Sunday. We are up to approximately 300 people each week. Since that plea went out, God has moved many people. With the check the mail lady (I love that lady!) brought me today, a total of $550.00 has been given back to Jesus! I am BLOWN AWAY by the love so many have showered this incredible ministry with. You humble me.

Our youngest, Halton, came home with big news last week. He has decided he no longer wants to be a high school math teacher. God has been pulling at his heart strings to go to bible college! How cool is that? With our blessings, he withdrew from AASU and is currently getting all the admission paperwork together to start school next month, pursuing a degree in Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies. You can just imagine how we are beaming with pride for him being obedient to God's calling.

I am starting a new job next Monday! I will be working at my church, Savannah Christian, as Ministry Assistant to Local Outreach! How exciting to have a job that is right in line with my passion in life!

God does speak to us. He spoke to everyone who donated money to the park ministry. He spoke to Halton with direction He has for his life. He spoke to me when He gave me a job I was not even looking for, but I am sure I will love.
What is God trying to speak to you about, and are you listening for His voice?

Serving Him while I am waiting,
Heidi

No comments: