Friday, September 4, 2009

Jesus in envelopes Part II

Back in July, I blogged about Jesus appearing in my mailbox. I had better polish up my mailbox because He seems to like the inside of it!

The number of people we are feeding in the park each Sunday has groooooown. The number of people I have cooking, has not. Last Sunday, we fed right around 300 hungry children of God. On one had, the increasing number excites me because that is a huge crowd to hear The Word. On the other hand, it concerns me that we will not have enough food to feed everyone. The past 2 weeks, we have run out before all were fed.

God spoke loudly to my heart on Monday:

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

And He did!
I posted a plea on my Facebook Monday asking for help in making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for this Sunday. Before the sun went down, I was contacted by four people in Ohio that I have not seen in years! Two of the people, I went to high school with thirty, (ouch!) years ago. The other two are cousins I have not seen in forever! How good is God? Since they are all out of town, they decided to send Walmart gift cards to help with this week's menu of PB&J, fruit, dessert and water. I was also contacted by a sweet eighty eight year old lady who had seen the article in the newspaper about the ministry. She said she was too old to come out and help, but that she wanted to send me a check to help out! What? How cool is that? She told me that she is going to ask all her Bingo ladies to write a check also! Too funny!
We will have more food than we need this week. Not only have long distance brothers and sister in Christ responded to the need, new local volunteers will be standing shoulder to shoulder with us this Sunday!

Jesus promises the desires out our hearts. His promises are always true. His truth brought $200 to my mailbox in the past two days!

I think I am going to kiss my mail lady tomorrow!

No comments: